There’s nothing quite as satisfying as biting into a chocolate covered strawberry. It starts with the crunch of the creamy, rich chocolate and ends with a big juicy bite of a perfectly ripe strawberry. Chocolate has to be my favorite part about Valentine’s Day. Okay, so I love getting flowers and extra attention too. Oh, and jewelry is an easy way to make me giddy. Robby, are you taking notes?? haha! But Valentine’s Day just isn’t the same without a sweet treat to help spread the love.
Whether you’re sharing Valentine’s Day with your significant other, best girlfriend, mom, or your dog, you deserve to treat yourself without feeling guilty about it! This is your day, lady! Valentine’s Day is not set aside for only those in a relationship. It’s a day to show yourself some love (hint: more to come on this next week!). To help you celebrate you, and how frickin’ awesome you are, I created a recipe for healthy chocolate dipped strawberries with a twist! The addition of thick, protein-packed Greek yogurt turns the classic treat into a perfect mid-morning or afternoon snack. It also pairs perfectly with a glass of bubbly ;)!
Healthy Valentine’s Day Double Dipped Dark Chocolate & Yogurt Covered Strawberries
1 carton organic strawberries
1 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsweetened, non-fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Wash and dry strawberries.
- Melt dark chocolate chips in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, stirring at each minute mark, or until melted.
- Spread out coconut flakes and almonds on a flat surface (keep them separate).
- Dip a strawberry, one at a time, into Greek yogurt until it is completely covered. Then, dip the strawberry into melted chocolate. I had to use a spoon to smooth out the coating.
- Roll in chopped almonds or coconut or leave plain with just the chocolate and yogurt coating. Mix it up and get creative!
- Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until cool. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Poor yourself some bubbly or a cozy cup of tea and treat yourself!
How are you celebrating Valentine’s Day this year? Tell me in the comment box below!
Health and happiness,