Why is it that life’s most enjoyable moments can be followed by such tedious tasks? Going to bed early followed by waking up to a shrieking alarm. Showering followed by blow drying your hair. Putting on PJs followed by brushing your teeth. Having friends over for a party followed by clean up. And, alas, cooking followed by… dishes, ugh!
I love cooking! I love creating new flavors, finding healthy alternatives to my favorite treats, and seeing the smiles on my guests faces when they try my food. But I hate, absolutely hate doing the dishes. For one, it’s gross. The grease, grime, and old food particles. Ick! And, after a big meal, it can seem endless.
Say sayonara to perpetual dish washing! This one-pan Chicken & Veggie Bake has all the flavor and none of the dishes. This recipe also happens to be paleo, gluten-free, and even Whole30 approved! It’s so simple it’ll make you wanna spit.
One-Pan Chicken & Veggie Bake
10 oz boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
1 sweet potato, chopped into small squares
1-2 cups asparagus
2/3 cup sliced mushrooms
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil in a cast-iron pan on the stove on medium/high heat.
- Once the oil is melted, place chicken on the pan. Sprinkle the top side of the chicken with seasoning.
- Once the bottom of the chicken is seared and golden brown, flip to other side and sear for another two minutes, or until golden brown.
- Turn off the stove. Place the asparagus, mushrooms, and sweet potato in the cast iron skillet around the chicken. Drizzle with melted coconut oil or spray with coconut oil cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Make sure to stir veggies halfway through.
- Carefully take out of the oven with an ovenmit. The pan will be HOT!
- Serve and enjoy with minimal dishes!
What’s your favorite and least favorites parts about cooking? Tell me in the comment box below!
Health and happiness,