First things, first, I want to give a shout out to the winner of the Brooks Running give-a-way. Congrats to Elizabeth! I’ve sent you an email from email@example.com to gather your size, color preference, and mailing address. I can’t wait to see how cute these pieces look on you!
Can you believe it? I’m posting a recipe that isn’t sweet?! Yes, I do eat food other than healthy desserts and breakfast ;).
I’ve been obsessed with the premade Rosemary Balsamic Chicken Breasts from Trader Joe’s. I started buying them as a quick dinner for Robby when I didn’t feel like cooking. But of course, after one bite I totally fell in love with them myself! Trader Joe’s, you are my life! Who’s with me?
However, the ingredient list is far from satisfactory with some added sugars and preservatives. So I decided to take things into my own hands and make a homemade version with no added sugars or artificial ingredients!
I have a nifty little secret to keeping chicken breast moist! For the longest time, my chicken was lack luster. My boyfriend can attest to this. I had to make sure ketchup was at his disposal! Yup, it was that bad. After being a Pescatarian for the majority of my adult life, I never experimented much with cooking poultry. When I decided to add chicken and turkey back into my diet a couple of years ago, my lack of experience was apparent. With a little research and a lot of practice, I finally did it! I made juicy, delicious chicken without added fats! My secret? I pan sear the chicken before putting it in the oven! Lightly browning both sides of the breast helps seal in the juices and flavor.
This simple, clean eating, paleo, gluten-free recipe has so much flavor! I love the combination of the tangy balsamic vinegar, subtle rosemary flavor, and garlic powder. It’s delicious served with roasted vegetables and quinoa. I’ve also been using it in my meal prep, making a big batch on Sunday nights (or any night I decide to make it for dinner), putting it in the fridge, and topping my lunch salads with it!
Clean Eating Rosemary Balsamic Chicken Breasts
2 organic, cage-free chicken breasts
1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 bunches fresh rosemary (I put mine in the freezer so it lasts longer!)
1 tsp garlic powder
Ground black pepper to taste
(Optional) A pinch of Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Pat chicken breasts dry with a paper towel.
- Wrap chicken breasts in a couple paper towels and place on a flat surface, I used a cutting board. Using a heavy, flat object like a frying pan, pat the chicken until the breasts are a relatively even size throughout.
- Spray a non-stick cooking pan with coconut oil spray and heat on medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the garlic powder and black pepper.
- Pan sear the chicken until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is cooking, pick off the rosemary from the stems. Discard the stems.
- Line a baking dish with tinfoil and spray with coconut oil cooking spray. Place the chicken on the baking dish. Sprinkle the top of the chicken with rosemary.
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes. Flip the breasts and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Serve immediately. Bon apetite!
Health and happiness,